Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Michael Brantley has been a part of the Indians organization since he was traded to Cleveland in the CC Sabathia trade in 2008 (he was the player to be named later). Now he’ll be with the Houston Astros, who are only two seasons removed from being world champions. Best of luck, Dr. Smooth. It was fantastic watching that silky smooth swing.
Dr. Smooth made a lasting impact on the Cleveland Indians. Are are some of his awesome moments.
Speaking of lasting impacts, Rajai Davis has signed a minor-league deal with the Mets. Best of luck, Rajai.
Andruw Monasterio is now a member of the Cleveland Indians’ organization. He’s young, can play a bunch of positions, and has a good eye at the plate. What’s not to love?
Around the league
- CC Sabathia earned a $500,000 bonus even though he didn’t hit the 155-inning threshold (his ejection caused him to miss the mark by six outs).
- Jeurys Familia wanted to come back to the Mets even though he may have been able to go be a closer for another team.
- Matt Bush is coming back to the Rangers on a minor league deal.
- J.A. Happ is back with the Yankees on a two-year deal.
- Brad Ausmus may be on to something: