I refuse to let this be another post about unrealistic Corey Kluber trade scenarios, so you guys get a boring headline, and this stuff instead:
• Jonah Keri wrote about the crazy season that LGFT Oliver Drake had, which sent him all over the big leagues, including a brief stint with the Indians.
• Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but Castrovince says the Indians need an outfielder. (Or maybe he didn’t. I couldn’t get the sound to play on this segment.)
• Surprise! People who work in football think that an athlete should play football instead of baseball!
• But that doesn’t mean Kyler Murray has made up his mind.
• Jeff Sullivan wrote about Avisail Garcia, who the Indians should have signed. There are some absolutely fantastic charts in this article.
• Craving blambugders and wrench fryis, the Red Sox will try to visit the White House next month.
• Curtis Granderson wants to play another year.
• And so does Bartolo. Same dude, same.
• Player I’ve Never Heard Of was traded for a PINHO.